Prepares and spray paints parts and assemblies according to operation sheets, sketches and verbal instructions.
Essential Job Functions:
- Able to prepare parts and assemblies for painting as required.
- Can mix paints and other materials to specifications.
- Able to maintain facilities and spray painting equipment in good working order.
- Must be able to identify non conforming parts or materials and report them to supervisors.
- Must be able to apply paint with a spray gun and in conformance with all specifications.
- Can utilize heat or oven paint drying techniques for special purpose finishes.
- Have a thorough knowledge of applicable military specifications.
- Inspects and measure parts to maintain statistical process control charts.
Job Qualification Requirements:
Training and Experience:
One year of vocational trade school, work experience or apprenticeship.
Physical Demands: The employee is required to:
- Stand, walk, push, pull, reach overhead, and bend to the floor.
- Exert 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or
- Exert 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or
- Exert up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Visual Acuity: Near acuity and accommodation are required for reading gauges, blueprints and measuring instruments.
Hearing Ability: Ability to monitor equipment sounds to identify and diagnose changes in order to take appropriate action.
Working Conditions: The employee is subject to:
- High noise levels from operating machines.
- Physical hazards from moving equipment and machine parts.
- Breathing fumes, dust and mist.
- Skin exposure to oils and cutting fluid.
The employee may be required to follow other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties as requested, subject to all applicable state and federal laws.
To apply for this job please visit arkwin.com.