Inspection scope includes in-process to full first article inspection using established inspection plans. Knowledge of inspection requirements associated with processing and finishing (heat treatment, anodize etc.) required. Inspection of final assembly items to customer/internal source control drawings also required. Must have the ability to understand customer quality requirements as called out in purchase orders and contracts and use this ability to interface with customer source inspectors and Government Quality Assurance Representatives for customer final inspection.
Quality Engineering scope Includes the development and application of methods and equipment for assuring products and processes meet specifications or standards. Technical problem solving, root cause/corrective action and process auditing and improvement.
Essential Job Functions:
- Complete understanding of engineering drawings, standards and manufacturing operation sheets for detailed parts, subassemblies and final assemblies
- Generate inputs for non-conforming material reports based on inspection operations performed
- Use of standard record keeping documentation and ERP software for data compilation
- Focus on continuous process improvement and lessons learned in a parts manufacturing, assembly and production test environment
- Serve as the customer liaison for business unit field service issues
- Conduct machining, assembly and test process audits
- Serve as the lead in resolution of quality related issues
- Develop and maintain quality assurance procedures
- Designs and installs quality control process sampling systems procedures and statistical techniques.
- Designs or specifies inspection and testing mechanisms and equipment.
- Conducts failure analysis and corrective action reporting processes
- Recommends revisions of internal documents when indicated.
- Formulates or assists in formulating quality control procedures.
- Has working knowledge of AS/ISO Standards, MIL specs, calibration equipment, MRB activity, quality control reporting system
- Has a working knowledge of AS9102 first article inspection requirements?
- Makes recommendations for capital equipment with an emphasis on labor productivity improvement
Job Qualification Requirements:
Training and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent technical background. Preferred degrees are in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering.
- Minimum two years of experience
Must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident
We offer a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package and excellent advancement opportunity.