Perform inspections of complex, close tolerance machined parts and sub-assemblies with critical internal and external dimensions using all forms of conventional inspection equipment. Inspection scope includes in-process to full first article inspection using established inspection plans. Knowledge of inspection requirements associated with processing and finishing (heat treatment, anodize etc.) required. Inspection of final assembly items to customer/internal source control drawings also required. Must have the ability to understand customer quality control requirements as called out in purchase orders and contracts and use this ability to interface with customer source inspectors and Government Quality Assurance Representatives for customer final inspection.
Essential Job Functions:
• Complete understanding of engineering drawings, standards and manufacturing operation sheets for detailed parts, subassemblies and final assemblies
• Complete understanding of standard and geometric tolerancing per ANSI/ASME Y14.5M
• Working knowledge of conventional inspection equipment (dial bores, height gauges, micrometers, calipers etc.)
• Basic trigonometric understanding and ability to perform related calculations
• Coordinate activities with machine operators, manufacturing engineers and design engineers
• Generate inputs for non-conforming material reports based on inspection operations performed
• Use of standard record keeping documentation and ERP software for data compilation
Training and Experience:
Requires the use of advanced shop mathematics together with the understanding of complicated drawings, specifications, charts, tables, etc.
To apply for this job please visit arkwin.com.