Supervises preventive and corrective maintenance activities of the Machine Maintenance Department for production machine tools and equipment under minimal supervision.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provides Machine Maintenance Department administrative, technical, and project management leadership.
- Develops and implements preventative maintenance programs for machine tools and equipment.
- Analyzes, troubleshoots, and resolves work related problems, or assists employees in solving work related problems.
- Supervises and plans machine maintenance and repair functions.
- Reads and interprets electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic schematics and drawings.
- Instructs and trains employees in machine maintenance procedures and processes.
- Compiles and maintains maintenance reports and data on machine tools and equipment. (MS Office Skills required)
- Recommends and arranges purchases of material and/or outside services associated with machine maintenance functions.
- Assures a timely response and feedback to the resolution of machine maintenance issues to Management personnel.
- Works as a member of a team and is actively engaged in the company’s Value Added/Waste Elimination Program.
- Travel may be required via any mode of transportation for business reasons such as, but not limited to, skill development, training, or a company business event.
- Additional work hours in excess of normal business hours may be necessary to perform essential job functions. This includes extra efforts required for infrequent or short duration.
- Participates in Machine Tool Capital Acquisition Planning and Decision Making.
Job Qualification Requirements:
Training and Experience:
- High School Diploma plus a minimum of 10 years of electro-mechanical machine tools and process controls experience.
- 5+ years of experience with Fanuc, Siemens, and other CNC controls is required.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with all levels of personnel.
- Experience troubleshooting and repairing PLCs, HMIs, servomotors, actuators, pumps, filters, ball screws, linear rails, gearboxes is required.
- Experience installing, aligning, and commissioning of machine tools is required.
- Experience in operating CNC equipment is preferred.
Physical Demands: The employee is required to:
- Stand, walk, push, pull, reach overhead, and bend to the floor
- Exert up to 20 pounds of force occasionally to move objects
- Work at heights
- Work with power and hand tools
Visual Acuity: Accommodation as required for reading computer screens and documents.
Hearing Ability: Ability to monitor equipment sounds to identify and diagnose changes in order to take appropriate action.
Working Conditions: Normally works in an office environment, but may also be subject to:
- High noise levels from operating machines
- Physical hazards from moving equipment and machine parts
- Skin exposure to oils and cutting fluid
The employee may be required to follow other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties as requested, subject to all applicable state and federal laws.
Arkwin is an EEO employer/Disabled/Protected Veteran
To apply for this job please visit arkwin.com.