Sets up and operates one or more vertical or horizontal honing machines to hone internal surfaces of objects, such as cylinders, bearings and connecting rods, to specifications following tooling instructions, standard charts, and honing procedures.
Essential Job Functions:
· Reads blueprints and job order for product specifications, such as dimensions, tolerances, and number of parts to be honed, speeds, feed rates, work-holding fixtures, and honing tools to be used.
· Positions and secures fixtures on machine table.
· Lifts workpiece manually or with hoist and positions and secures fixtures with clamps and wrenches.
· Inserts and tightens specified tool in spindle.
· Moves controls to set tool-feed rate and spindle speed.
· Sets stops to control length of stroke and depth of cut.
· Starts machine and turns handwheels or engages automatic mechanism to feed and oscillate tool along workpiece surface.
· Measures honed workpiece for conformance to specifications, using measuring instruments, such as preset gauges, dial bures and air gages.
Job Qualification Requirements:
Training and Experience:
Between 6 months and 1 year of trade school, vocational education, work experience, or apprenticeship. Required to have experience with custom or production work, or with particular material or product, or with machine of particular size, type, or trade name, and be designated accordingly.
Physical Demands: The employee is required to:
· Stand, walk, push, pull, reach overhead, and bend to the floor.
· Exert 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or
· Exert 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or
· Exert up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Visual Acuity: Near acuity and accommodation are required for reading machine dial gauges, blueprints, and precision measuring instruments used in the inspection of parts.
Hearing Ability: Ability to monitor machine sounds to identify and diagnose changes in order to take appropriate action.
Working Conditions: The employee is subject to:
· High noise levels from operating machines
· Physical hazards from moving equipment and machine parts
· Breathing fumes, dust and mist
· Skin exposure to oils and cutting fluid.
The employee may be required to follow other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties as requested, subject to all applicable state and federal laws.
To apply for this job please visit arkwin.com.