Focal point between customers and internal company functions regarding such matters as pricing, scheduling, contract requirements, shipping and documentation. Responsible for processing and administering orders, preparing general correspondence, and coordinating customer service needs.
The ideal candidate will be a strong contributor to a dynamic team environment, will be proactive, and will possess strong leadership, analytical, and problem solving skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
– Coordinates activities among internal company functions, including Sales, Engineering, Finance, Manufacturing and Quality Assurance, to ensure customer interests are continually represented and balanced with company’s requirements.
– Prepares quotations and proposals in support of new and follow-on business.
– Reviews for acceptance/rejection the customer’s contractual terms and conditions. Negotiates minor changes in contracts.
– Advises business unit team and management of contractual rights and obligations of the assigned programs.
– Reviews and processes customer orders.
– Maintains good customer relations through appropriate oral & written communications.
– Maintains customer-related records.
– Provides customer service support and response for problem areas with respect to delivery, packaging, product conditions, customer returns or other terms and conditions.
– Compiles and analyzes data and prepares recurring reports.
Education and/or Experience
– Associates degree or 2-year college education. Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
– Good oral and written communication skills.
– Attention to detail and good organizational skills.
– Positive attitude and enjoys working in a fast-paced team environment.
– Mature judgment and decision making ability.
– Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel. Competent in operating within MRP system.
– Ability to read, write and interpret documents such as customer orders, reports, and correspondence.
– Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
– Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, and commissions.
– Five (5) years customer service experience in aerospace manufacturing environment.
– Knowledge of export compliance, FAA, and Government regulations.