Performs a wide variety of functions in support of the Assembly and Test Department such as; sub assembly, marking, cleaning, safety wiring, masking and shipping.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assembles component parts of units according to operation sheets, specifications and written or verbal instructions.
- Marks parts and prepares identification plates to be mounted on finished units.
- Masks and prepares parts or units for painting.
- Cleans parts using vapor degreaser and other methods.
- Prepares and packs units for shipping and keeps appropriate records.
- Stores, cleans and sets up tools and calibration equipment.
- Inspects and measures parts to maintain statistical process control charts.
Job Qualification Requirements:
Training and Experience:
One year of vocational trade school, work experience or apprenticeship.
Physical Demands: The employee is required to:
- Stand, walk, push, pull, reach overhead, and bend to the floor,
- Exert 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or
- Exert 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or
- Exert up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Visual Acuity: Near acuity and accommodation are required for reading machine dial gauges, blueprints, and precision measuring instruments.
Hearing Ability: Ability to monitor machine sounds to identify and diagnose changes in order to take appropriate action.
Working Conditions: The employee is subject to:
- High noise levels from operating machines.
- Physical hazards from moving equipment and machine parts.
- Breathing fumes, dust and mists.
- Skin exposure to oils and cutting fluid.
Arkwin is an EEO employer/Disabled/Protected Veteran
To apply for this job please visit arkwin.com.